The strategy map is divided into 4 dimensions and 19 goals as follows:
1. Mission Effectiveness 3 goals
2. Services Quality 4 goals
3. Performance Efficiency 8 goals
4. Organizational development 4 goals
1. Amount of reserved water and irrigation area is increased.
2. Water is supplied to all sectors thoroughly and equitably
3. Loss caused by water disaster is reduced.
4. Workable condition of irrigation structures is maintained.
5. Consumers are satisfied with water management.
6. Water quality meets standards.
7. Flood forecasting and warning system is in workable condition.
8. Construction, repair and improvement are preceded as planned.
9. Preparation before construction is done as planned.
10. Participation of people, communities, and relevant sector are achieved.
11. Comprehensive public relations are encouraged continuously.
12. Effective water planning and management are implemented.
13. Results of studies, researches, and development are used in the departments operation.
14. Rules and regulations are modernized and up-to-dated.
15. Administration system is effective.
16. Its personnel are competent and motivated for work.
17. Organizational knowledge is managed
18. Appropriate database system and informational technology are implemented.
19. Machinery and tools are in workable condition.